What is Securities Lending?

Securities Lending is a well-established and tightly regulated practice involving the short-term transfer (loan) of securities. The objective is to enhance the ETF’s overall performance.

When a security is loaned, the borrower (who has been approved by Invesco and the Lending Agent) provides collateral and pays an agreed fee for the duration of the loan. Collateral is an asset that a lender accepts as security for a loan. If the borrower defaults on the loan payments, the lender can seize the collateral and resell it to recoup its losses.


How much revenue goes to the ETF?

The ETF will receive 90% of the revenue arising from securities lending, with the remaining 10% deducted by the Lending Agent, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon), for its fees and to cover direct and indirect operational costs. Invesco will not receive any revenue from the programme.

Risks to consider
Securities lending involves certain risks that an investor should consider, including:

  • The risk of the borrower defaulting on its obligation to return the securities at the end of the loan period, and
  • The risk of the ETF being unable to sell the collateral provided to it if the borrower defaults.

To mitigate these risks, the ETF benefits from a “borrower default indemnity” provided by the Lending Agent, BNY Mellon. The indemnity allows for full replacement of the securities loaned if the collateral does not cover the value of the securities in the event of a borrower default.

To find out more view the Invesco ETFs Securities Lending document in our Documents section.

Securities lending information

Revenue retained by the fund 90%
Maximum amount of fund assets that can be loaned 50%
Maximum amount of any single security that can be loaned 90%
Revenue earned YTD (9 Jul 2020) $472901.44

Collateral Held by Asset Type

as of 25 Nov 2020 (%)

Collateral Held by Country

as of 25 Nov 2020 (%)

Collateral Held by Currency

as of 25 Nov 2020 (%)

Value of Collateral Held

as of 25 Nov 2020 (%)

Top 10 Collateral Exposures as of 25 Nov 2020

Name Cusip ISIN Weight
NOVARTIS AG CHF 0.5 N/A CH0012005267 9.80%
ANTHEM INC USD 0.01 036752103 US0367521038 9.80%
MASTERCARD INC 57636Q104 US57636Q1040 8.60%
CREDIT SUISSE GROUP AG CHF 0.04 N/A CH0012138530 8.40%
SOCIETE GENERALE SA EUR 1.25 N/A FR0000130809 6.00%
BROADCOM INC NPV 11135F101 US11135F1012 5.90%
EVERGY INC NPV 30034W106 US30034W1062 5.80%
SWATCH GROUP AG/THE CHF 2.25 N/A CH0012255151 5.70%
Other N/A N/A 34.00%

Key information

Bloomberg ticker TREX LN
Benchmark BBG ticker LT09TRUU
Management fee 0.06%
NAV (25 Nov 2020) $46.08
AUM $1,349,856,167
Base currency USD
Securities lending Yes
Umbrella AUM (25 Nov 2020) $4,101,397,104

Key risks

Capital is not guaranteed: The value of investments, and income from them, can go down as well as up and you may not get back the full amount you invested.

Index tracking: The Fund will not replicate the performance of its Reference Index perfectly, this is because the Fund will incur drags on performance such as expenses and transactions costs, which the Index is not subject to. If the Fund is unable to hold the securities in the exact proportion required this will affect its ability to track the Index.

Liquidity on secondary market risk: Lower liquidity means there are insufficient buyers or sellers to allow the Fund to sell or buy investments readily. On-exchange liquidity may be limited due to Index suspension, a decision by one of the relevant stock exchanges, a breach by the market maker or respective stock exchange requirements and guidelines.

Investment in debt securities: Debt securities are exposed to credit risk which is the ability of the borrower to repay the interest and capital on the redemption date.

Interest rate risk: Changes in interest rates will result in fluctuations in the value of the Fund.


The performance information on this web page refers to past performance. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns.

The data shown on this page is not real-time, i.e. it may be delayed due to mandatory requirements of the data provider. As a consequence, the price of the product linked to a specific underlying you are quoted by your broker or intermediary may substantially differ from the price of the product that you would expect on the basis of the data displayed on this site.  Invesco accepts no responsibility for loss, however caused, resulting from errors in this data.

ETF performance is in the fund’s base currency, includes dividends, reinvested. ETF performance is Net Asset Value after management fees and other ETF costs but does not consider any commissions or custody fees payable when buying, holding or selling the ETF. The ETF does not charge entry or exit fees. Data: Invesco